Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Should I join the Army or the Air Force?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mike20

Should I join the Army or the Air Force? _
PostSubject: Should I join the Army or the Air Force?   Should I join the Army or the Air Force? EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 12:39 pm

I eventually want to become a police officer, but I want to join the military first. Would the Army or Airforce be better for becoming a cop? I was also thinking about the Navy, but talked myself out of that.
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: Should I join the Army or the Air Force?   Should I join the Army or the Air Force? EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 8:32 am

Military experience is military experience regardless of which branch you choose. It doesn't really matter. You get points or preference for having served in any branch. You should choose whatever branch you feel suits you more. Have you considered the Coast Guard?
Back to top Go down
Mike20

PostSubject: Re: Should I join the Army or the Air Force?   Should I join the Army or the Air Force? EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 7:50 pm

Thanks. I didn't think about the Coast Guard before.
Back to top Go down
CPLJason

PostSubject: Re: Should I join the Army or the Air Force?   Should I join the Army or the Air Force? EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 3:27 pm

Both would be good, but I would join the Air Force.
Back to top Go down
MA

PostSubject: Re: Should I join the Army or the Air Force?   Should I join the Army or the Air Force? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 11:18 am

Navy!!!!
Back to top Go down
MAtoo

PostSubject: Re: Should I join the Army or the Air Force?   Should I join the Army or the Air Force? EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 12:48 pm

Navy!!!
Back to top Go down
Retired7

PostSubject: Re: Should I join the Army or the Air Force?   Should I join the Army or the Air Force? EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 10:18 am

Join the Air Force, and be a sky cop!
Back to top Go down
SSgt B

PostSubject: Re: Should I join the Army or the Air Force?   Should I join the Army or the Air Force? EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 5:51 pm

I've been in the Air Force for 9 years. Here's a few of the details about the other branches I've noticed:

Navy - Party guys... they work hard, and play hard. You'll get issued your Navy-themed tattoos in boot camp same day as they shave your head. Hate to state the obvious, but if you get motion/sea sick or are claustrophobic, a ship is not for you. Don't listen to the rumors, Navy guys are NOT gay. Hell, one of 'em knocked up my friend from high school.

Army - Until you make rank, life is miserable (but, RHIP [rank has it's privilage] applies to any job). Be prepared for LONG deployments. If you have an associate degree, go for Warrant Officer. Those guys are badasses - the enlisteds respect/fear them and the Officers don't really know how to take them.

Air Force - Most civilian-esque branch of service... more corporate atmosphere, and not so oppressive to lower ranking people. If you want to deploy, there are opportunities, but you won't be gone all the time like the Army. Most family oriented branch of the service... if you don't want to deploy 'cuz the missus is preggo, someone else can probably go instead.

Marines - They are a force to be reckoned with. This branch I'd recommend for the VERY gung-ho types. Like the Army, they deploy a lot too. These guys' camaraderie and esprit de corps is like no other branch in the military. Warped sense of humor; the Marines I've met would always try to get the gullible Air Force chicks to come swim with them at the "pool" in their camp... yeah, like Bagram has a pool!

All of these branches have Military Police / Security Forces... just be advised - you will have LONG days. (12 hr shifts, not including the time it takes for the briefing and getting your gear/weapon, etc... more like a 14 hr shift, but you'll probably work a Panama schedule so you'll have a few days on then a few days off.)
Back to top Go down
Mike20

PostSubject: Re: Should I join the Army or the Air Force?   Should I join the Army or the Air Force? EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 3:12 am

Thanks to everyone that replied so far. SSgt B, thanks for the detailed response! I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I join the Army or the Air Force?   Should I join the Army or the Air Force? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should I join the Army or the Air Force?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-