Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Dumb, but willing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kayne

Dumb, but willing _
PostSubject: Dumb, but willing   Dumb, but willing EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 5:19 am

Hi, I need a little help. About a month ago, me and a couple friends where filling a school project in a park near the high school I graduated from. I brought my airsoft gun IN A BAG with a gun condom on it. Never-the-less, the police showed up, did the usual question and search deal and they let us go with a warning. I had a similar incident about a year ago where me and a couple other friends were playing lazer tag, thinking nothing of it as the LT guns are big, hideous and fake with bright colors all over them.
Since they let me and my friends go with a warning, I have not received anything in the mail about the two incident. My friend also joined the Army (The one who was filming with us) and he got accepted into the Army as a result.

My fear is I will not be able to become a police officer because of these two events. I have not received a phone call, E-mail, nor snail mail as a result. Nor have I got any court dates.
I'm usually a law-abiding citizen that helps out with his parents in construction.
When I asked the police that came both events about joining, they said it was tough and grueling to become an officer of the law and basically said nothing about the event at hand.

My Army friend said that infractions like these, warnings and what not, are so minor that they get erased a month after it happened.

I thank my lucky stars that I don't have court and I basically learned my lesson from both the police and my parents. I know I don't deserve sympathy over what happened as it was my fault for doing such a dumb thing and I have very well learned my lesson.

Will I be able to become an officer of the law?

-Kayne.

P.S I am inclined to believe my friend because one would most certainly get detained on a second offence.

Also, does the application process entitle me to list this even though I have not been to court, received a notification of any sort?
Back to top Go down
Kayne

Dumb, but willing _
PostSubject: Heh...   Dumb, but willing EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 5:39 am

I just now got conformation from an ex-cop and a current one that there is no worries, just make sure to get my fat, lazy arse and form abs XD.
Back to top Go down
MIKET

Dumb, but willing _
PostSubject: Re: Dumb, but willing   Dumb, but willing EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 11:53 am

DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. WHAT YOU DESCRIBED WON'T KEEP YOU FROM BECOMING A POLICE OFFICER. IT IS HARD TO BECOME AN OFFICER, BUT THAT WON'T STOP YOU!
Back to top Go down
CPL

Dumb, but willing _
PostSubject: Re: Dumb, but willing   Dumb, but willing EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:16 am

You can still become an officer. Just quit doing stupid things.
Back to top Go down
PJ

Dumb, but willing _
PostSubject: Re: Dumb, but willing   Dumb, but willing EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 7:51 pm

No one is perfect Exclamation
Back to top Go down
TeamJOHN

Dumb, but willing _
PostSubject: Re: Dumb, but willing   Dumb, but willing EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:56 pm

You're good to go!
Back to top Go down
Kayne

Dumb, but willing _
PostSubject: Re: Dumb, but willing   Dumb, but willing EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:41 am

Thanks for the support guys. really appreciated. =)
Now all I need is Cardio to run forever and beyond XD.
Back to top Go down
MIKET

Dumb, but willing _
PostSubject: Re: Dumb, but willing   Dumb, but willing EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 6:43 pm

ANYTIME!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dumb, but willing _
PostSubject: Re: Dumb, but willing   Dumb, but willing Empty

Back to top Go down

Dumb, but willing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-