Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Is it hard to become a SWAT officer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Skate

Is it hard to become a SWAT officer? _
PostSubject: Is it hard to become a SWAT officer?   Is it hard to become a SWAT officer? EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:53 am

I want to become a policeman, but I really want to be a SWAT officer. Is is really that hard to become a SWAT officer? Is that setting my goal too high?
Back to top Go down
Tom7

PostSubject: Re: Is it hard to become a SWAT officer?   Is it hard to become a SWAT officer? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 1:55 pm

Yes it is. It is difficult enough just trying to get a police officer job. Getting to be a SWAT officer is even more difficult. The job market is tough!
Back to top Go down
Zach

PostSubject: Re: Is it hard to become a SWAT officer?   Is it hard to become a SWAT officer? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 3:56 pm

Our department only have eight officers. We are all SWAT trained and have our own gear. It isn't easy getting hired by our department, but if you're hired, you become a SWAT officer. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Skate

PostSubject: Re: Is it hard to become a SWAT officer?   Is it hard to become a SWAT officer? EmptyFri May 25, 2012 2:38 pm

Thanks for the replies. I know it won't be easy, but I am going to try my best to reach my goal. I'm going to work really hard!
Back to top Go down
GN

PostSubject: Re: Is it hard to become a SWAT officer?   Is it hard to become a SWAT officer? EmptyTue May 29, 2012 9:41 am

In my department, getting on the SWAT team is very difficult. Positions aren't available very often, and when they are, it seems like everyone applies. It is great though Exclamation
Back to top Go down
PJT

PostSubject: Re: Is it hard to become a SWAT officer?   Is it hard to become a SWAT officer? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:59 pm

Most police departments don't even have SWAT teams. Becoming a SWAT officer isn't setting your goal too high, but yes, it is difficult to become a SWAT officer!
Back to top Go down
PACOP

PostSubject: Re: Is it hard to become a SWAT officer?   Is it hard to become a SWAT officer? EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:16 pm

Most SWAT officers don't do SWAT full-time. They usually do patrol most of the time unless they're training or needed for a SWAT incident.
Back to top Go down
HOWARD2

PostSubject: Re: Is it hard to become a SWAT officer?   Is it hard to become a SWAT officer? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 7:04 pm

YES! MOST OFFICERS DON'T GET A CHANCE. MOST DEPARTMENTS DON'T EVEN HAVE SWAT TEAMS.
Back to top Go down
AndrewK

PostSubject: Re: Is it hard to become a SWAT officer?   Is it hard to become a SWAT officer? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:04 pm

It isn't setting your goal too high. But you should get hired by a large metropolitan police department. Most police departments don't have full-time SWAT teams. Usually SWAT officers work patrol or plain clothes normally and only do SWAT stuff when training or when called out. And many teams don't get called out often. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it hard to become a SWAT officer?   Is it hard to become a SWAT officer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it hard to become a SWAT officer?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-