Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Criminal Justice Degree

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Celtics!

Criminal Justice Degree _
PostSubject: Criminal Justice Degree   Criminal Justice Degree EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:13 pm

Some people say not to do criminal justice in college. Is it a good degree or should i do something else? I want to become a law enforcement officer. I would like to try be a DEA or Customs Agent maybe. Should I do criminal justice???
Back to top Go down
RWT

PostSubject: Re: Criminal Justice Degree   Criminal Justice Degree EmptyThu May 31, 2012 12:04 pm

I have a bachelor degree in CJ. It isn't a bad degree. It is juts getting very common so there are many others with CJ degrees trying to get the same jobs. I would probably get an information systems degree or something if I were able to do it again.
Back to top Go down
Tony44

PostSubject: Re: Criminal Justice Degree   Criminal Justice Degree EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 12:52 pm

In my opinion, criminal justice isn't a bad choice. There are many jobs within the criminal justice system that you could get with a criminal justice degree. You can also get jobs in the security industry. Jobs is the security industry are plentiful. I do like the idea of getting a degree in a field that is good for law enforcement and security but that can give you some other options. I also think information systems or a degree in computers would be one of the best. Business is also good. If criminal justice is what you really want to choose, then get a degree in criminal justice. Actually, according to their website, the DEA gives candidates special consideration if they have a criminal justice degree. The below paragraph is from their website.

Special consideration is given to candidates with degrees in Criminal Justice/Police Science or related disciplines; Finance, Accounting or Economics; foreign languages (with fluency verified) in Spanish, Russian, Hebrew, Arabic, dialects of Nigerian languages, Chinese, Japanese; computer Science/Information Systems; and Telecommunications/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.

Good luck Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Mike79

PostSubject: Re: Criminal Justice Degree   Criminal Justice Degree EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 6:01 pm

I don't think CJ degrees are very useful. Go with a different major.
Back to top Go down
Tosh

PostSubject: Re: Criminal Justice Degree   Criminal Justice Degree EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:51 am

I think a CJ degree is just as good as most other majors if you want to be an officer.
Back to top Go down
DawnM

PostSubject: Re: Criminal Justice Degree   Criminal Justice Degree EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 2:27 pm

A criminal justice degree is fine for law enforcement and security jobs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tosh

PostSubject: Re: Criminal Justice Degree   Criminal Justice Degree EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:53 am

A CJ degree is not better or worse than most other degrees.
Back to top Go down
LisaWill

PostSubject: Re: Criminal Justice Degree   Criminal Justice Degree EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 9:34 am

I agree with Tosh. The important thing is having a degree.
Back to top Go down
BB

PostSubject: Re: Criminal Justice Degree   Criminal Justice Degree EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 2:39 pm

Criminal justice if fine. Departments don't care what your major is as long as you have a degree.
Back to top Go down
BrianR.

PostSubject: Re: Criminal Justice Degree   Criminal Justice Degree EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Don't waste your money on a criminal justice degree. It is an okay major if you are lucky enough to become a law enforcement officer. It won't really help you get a law enforcement officer job though. Law enforcement agencies want someone with a strong general education or else someone with a specialty. Get a degree in a more specialized field. Go with accounting or computer science or something else that will give you skills and knowledge. That's what employers want, and that way you'll have something to do if you don't become a law enforcement officer. The vast majority of folks that want to become law enforcement officers don't. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Criminal Justice Degree   Criminal Justice Degree Empty

Back to top Go down

Criminal Justice Degree

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-