Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Opinion and Advice on Career in Law Enforcement

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ultraman

Opinion and Advice on  Career in Law Enforcement _
PostSubject: Opinion and Advice on Career in Law Enforcement   Opinion and Advice on  Career in Law Enforcement EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 8:26 pm

A little about myself
I'm applying to various police department and I just want some opinons on how I might stack up.

The Bad
I dont have the best of credit. I had maybe 2 account go to collection an a charged off credit card. I will admit some being youthful irresponsibility but I was in College full time working a job and it all just hit me at the same time with in a year from that time I took care of all of those accounts. paid them out or settle and just re-establishing myself.

I was arrested about 5yrs ago, I was the designated driver from my friend and his girlfriend because i don't drink the police pulled us over an to make a long miserable story short my friend gf was a minor. i was arrested I spoke with the DA about my case and he dismissed it through pre trial diversion
-all of this is over 5yrs ago around 2007

The Good
I Graduated College, I Am a member of The Army National Guard 11-B possess a Secret Clearence, why do an infantryman have a SC? because I am going to our Accelerated OCS Program this summer to be a commissioned officer. I don't have a 700 credit score but I have a new truck and the army trust me enough to be a leader.

Why do I want to be Police Officer?
I've always wanted to be one I love helping people and being that guy my buddies can depend on. I don't do this to be on cop or tru tv I want to be apart of my community and make a difference. The diversity being a police officer I would love to be on SWAT a detective working a big case I love the challange.

guys please review disect my post please leave you opinon good or bad

Back to top Go down
BJ

PostSubject: Re: Opinion and Advice on Career in Law Enforcement   Opinion and Advice on  Career in Law Enforcement EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 12:17 am

You're a good candidate.
Back to top Go down
DonnieS

PostSubject: Re: Opinion and Advice on Career in Law Enforcement   Opinion and Advice on  Career in Law Enforcement EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 8:47 am

You don't need a 700 credit score. Bad credit can keep you from getting but having a low credit score is different than having bad credit. Apply everywhere you can and take the first job you get offered. After you get some experience you can probably get another job.
Back to top Go down
Tony44

PostSubject: Re: Opinion and Advice on Career in Law Enforcement   Opinion and Advice on  Career in Law Enforcement EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 4:54 pm

You should be able to get hired. I agree with DonnieS. Apply wherever and whenever you can. Ace the written tests. Your application gets you to the test, your test score gets you an interview, and how you do during the interview determines if you get hired or not. Good luck Exclamation
Back to top Go down
DonnieS

PostSubject: Re: Opinion and Advice on Career in Law Enforcement   Opinion and Advice on  Career in Law Enforcement EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 5:48 pm

Yeah, test scores are extremely important. Departments get so many people that apply that many only consider contacting the ones with the very top scores.
Back to top Go down
HOWARD2

PostSubject: Re: Opinion and Advice on Career in Law Enforcement   Opinion and Advice on  Career in Law Enforcement EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 6:35 pm

APPLY, APPLY, APPLY! I TRIED FOR 5 YEAR BEFORE GETTING HIRED!
Back to top Go down
TrueBlue

PostSubject: Re: Opinion and Advice on Career in Law Enforcement   Opinion and Advice on  Career in Law Enforcement EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:11 pm

Apply with some big departments. Ace the written exams, and you'll have a shot.
Back to top Go down
Cali

PostSubject: Re: Opinion and Advice on Career in Law Enforcement   Opinion and Advice on  Career in Law Enforcement EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 3:23 am

I think you should have a good chance. Keep at it. Good luck Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinion and Advice on Career in Law Enforcement   Opinion and Advice on  Career in Law Enforcement EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:48 pm

You could get hired.
Back to top Go down
T.REX

PostSubject: Re: Opinion and Advice on Career in Law Enforcement   Opinion and Advice on  Career in Law Enforcement EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 6:19 pm

YOU'D BE WASTING YOUR TIME!
Back to top Go down
BobbyJ

PostSubject: Re: Opinion and Advice on Career in Law Enforcement   Opinion and Advice on  Career in Law Enforcement EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 11:39 am

Forget it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinion and Advice on Career in Law Enforcement   Opinion and Advice on  Career in Law Enforcement Empty

Back to top Go down

Opinion and Advice on Career in Law Enforcement

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-