Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Will my past dq me from being a peace officer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gillette

Will my past dq me from being a peace officer? _
PostSubject: Will my past dq me from being a peace officer?   Will my past dq me from being a peace officer? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 6:17 pm

I've set goals to be a police officer here in San Antonio the only thing that worry a me is my past. I'm going to be 22 years old this year, I'm going to get my associates at the end of the year, I work full time at fidelity, and I am a father of a newborn daughter.

About my past, I have been convicted for curfew and drinking under age. I took a diversion class for the drinking offense and paid the fine for curfew.

Now the crimes I haven't been convicted for, when I was 12(about ten years ago) me and my friends ditched school and broke into an abandoned house, I've sold marijuana once(17 years old), i shoplifted (16-17 years old) and I slapped one of my ex girlfriends (19 years old).

Now for drug use, have done marijuana (19-20years old), have took OxyContin (19 years old), and smoked spice and salvia (20, although it is legal in arizona,took it while I was living there).

Since 2012 I have been drug free an have not committed any crimes is there a future in law enforcement for me?
Back to top Go down
Lt

PostSubject: Re: Will my past dq me from being a peace officer?   Will my past dq me from being a peace officer? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 1:02 pm

My department wouldn't hire you.
Back to top Go down
DSM

PostSubject: Re: Will my past dq me from being a peace officer?   Will my past dq me from being a peace officer? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 11:37 pm

I THINK IT WILL BE MOST DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO GET HIRED BECAUSE YOU SOLD DRUGS AND USED OXY.
Back to top Go down
Howie

PostSubject: Re: Will my past dq me from being a peace officer?   Will my past dq me from being a peace officer? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 3:52 pm

Cop jobs are hard to get. Selling drugs is a big nono!
Back to top Go down
Swiss

PostSubject: Re: Will my past dq me from being a peace officer?   Will my past dq me from being a peace officer? EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 1:09 pm

You should wait some years before you try to get a police job. I would wait another 5 years. Too many drugs too recently Exclamation
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will my past dq me from being a peace officer?   Will my past dq me from being a peace officer? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:47 pm

The job market is flooded with applicants, especially for police jobs. There will be others that don't have such a history involving illegal drug use. DON'T SLAP YOUR GIRLFRIEND!
Back to top Go down
benroger

PostSubject: Re: Will my past dq me from being a peace officer?   Will my past dq me from being a peace officer? EmptyMon May 27, 2013 10:37 am

I had been found psychologically unsuitable to be a police officer. I was able to appeal after talking with attorney Robert Kronenberg. He was a Captain with the NYPD and is now a great attorney who handles appeals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will my past dq me from being a peace officer?   Will my past dq me from being a peace officer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will my past dq me from being a peace officer?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-