Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Do i need to join the military?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JennyMar

Do i need to join the military? _
PostSubject: Do i need to join the military?   Do i need to join the military? EmptySat May 18, 2013 2:22 pm

I'm in high school and want to be an officer. Do I have to join military do ecen have a chance at getting a job. A few people told me that. I don't think i'm going to college.
Back to top Go down
TyroneH

PostSubject: Re: Do i need to join the military?   Do i need to join the military? EmptySun May 19, 2013 10:48 pm

Absolutely not!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do i need to join the military?   Do i need to join the military? EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:04 pm

No, but joining might be a good idea. If you are a veteran, you get like 5 or 10 extra points on police tests. Don't sign up just because you want to become a cop Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Do i need to join the military?   Do i need to join the military? EmptyTue May 21, 2013 8:21 pm

You don't have to, but in my opinion, if you don't have college and you are not a veteran, your chances of getting hired are slim to none. There is just way too many people applying that have college or are veterans or have college and are veterans. That's just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
NOPE

PostSubject: Re: Do i need to join the military?   Do i need to join the military? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 2:22 pm

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
JayD.

PostSubject: Re: Do i need to join the military?   Do i need to join the military? EmptyWed May 29, 2013 10:55 pm

You don't have to join the military, but I agree with Bobby2.
Back to top Go down
MPSGT

PostSubject: Re: Do i need to join the military?   Do i need to join the military? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 9:17 am

AS OTHERS HAVE INDICATED, YOU DEFINITELY DON'T HAVE TO, BUT BEING A VETERAN CAN HELP YOU GET HIRED!
Back to top Go down
Trish74

PostSubject: Re: Do i need to join the military?   Do i need to join the military? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 7:49 am

You don't have to join the military. But if you think you might like to join then you should give it a go.  I know a lot of officers that were in the military before they became officers.
Back to top Go down
TIG

PostSubject: Re: Do i need to join the military?   Do i need to join the military? EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 12:04 pm

You don't have, but you should. I think everyone should have to serve their country.
Back to top Go down
Don37

PostSubject: Re: Do i need to join the military?   Do i need to join the military? EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 1:59 pm

If you don't have a degree and you haven't been in the military, you probably won't get a job. Get a degree, join the military. Doing both would be even better:!:
Back to top Go down
JIMMYT

PostSubject: Re: Do i need to join the military?   Do i need to join the military? EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 11:21 am

I would join. My uncle is a officer and he told me that people with military experience have a much better chance of getting accepted by a police dept. Im joining the Army as an MP. I'm going to try to get into the CID.
Back to top Go down
SSG

PostSubject: Re: Do i need to join the military?   Do i need to join the military? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 10:13 am

Be absolutely sure that you want to join before joining. If you join, give 100%, and make the very most of it! You can have a great career in the military with some hard work and some luck!
Back to top Go down
JennyMar

PostSubject: Re: Do i need to join the military?   Do i need to join the military? EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 9:51 am

Back to top Go down
CG

PostSubject: Re: Do i need to join the military?   Do i need to join the military? EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 11:57 am

I would definitely join. I am glad that I did Exclamation 
Back to top Go down
WSU

PostSubject: Re: Do i need to join the military?   Do i need to join the military? EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 8:53 am

Of course not!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do i need to join the military?   Do i need to join the military? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do i need to join the military?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-