Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Citizens Police Academies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mrmiami3

Citizens Police Academies _
PostSubject: Citizens Police Academies   Citizens Police Academies EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 11:07 pm

I signed up for a Citizens Police Academy just to at least put something law enforcement related info on my resume. Are they worth going to? Is it a good way to get a "foot in the door" for a job?. Any input will be appreciated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Citizens Police Academies   Citizens Police Academies EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 11:48 pm

It can't hurt.
Back to top Go down
BrianH

PostSubject: Re: Citizens Police Academies   Citizens Police Academies EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:50 pm

I completed a citizens police academy a few years ago. I learned a lot more than I thought I would. Make a good impression on the officers while you're there. Who knows, it could help you get a job. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
LP

PostSubject: Re: Citizens Police Academies   Citizens Police Academies EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 11:27 am

Good idea. Show enthusiasm. Make a good impression. Towards the end, ask to speak with the chief or a supervisor. Tell them that you would like to do some ridealongs and that you would like to be an intern. Ask them about any other opportunities they might have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Citizens Police Academies   Citizens Police Academies Empty

Back to top Go down

Citizens Police Academies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-