Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Do I have a good chance of becoming a police officer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tjc250

Do I have a good chance of becoming a police officer? _
PostSubject: Do I have a good chance of becoming a police officer?   Do I have a good chance of becoming a police officer? EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 9:18 pm

Hello,

My name is Tj and I am currently pursing my bachelors of science in Justice Administration and minoring in Digital Forensics. I have been a law enforcement explorer for the past for years and plan to stay in the program when I turn 21. I will have eight years as an explorer once I complete my degree. I have a clean record and I have never been give a traffic infraction.

I would also like to know if it matters where you obtain your college degree. I know the degree needs to be accredited and my will be regionally accredited.

Thank you.
Tj
Back to top Go down
TjC250

PostSubject: Correction    Do I have a good chance of becoming a police officer? EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 9:19 pm

I have been an explorer for 4 years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do I have a good chance of becoming a police officer?   Do I have a good chance of becoming a police officer? EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:19 pm

You should be able to get a job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do I have a good chance of becoming a police officer?   Do I have a good chance of becoming a police officer? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 1:06 pm

If you score high on the civil service test you will have a good chance of being hired:)  With some departments that is all that matters. Except for politics:) 
Back to top Go down
Tjc250

PostSubject: Re: Do I have a good chance of becoming a police officer?   Do I have a good chance of becoming a police officer? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 1:12 pm

So, basically a degree can help you in the future right? The degree can be from any college as long as it is regionally accredited right?

Thanks for posting I just want to make sure if the name of the college plays a factor in the hiring process.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do I have a good chance of becoming a police officer?   Do I have a good chance of becoming a police officer? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 4:12 pm

If the college you're going to is regionally accredited the what college you get your degree from won't matter to become a police officer:) 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do I have a good chance of becoming a police officer?   Do I have a good chance of becoming a police officer? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 4:13 pm

Smile Smile Smile Smile Very Happy Hey my smiley faces aren't working!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do I have a good chance of becoming a police officer?   Do I have a good chance of becoming a police officer? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 4:14 pm

OK. Now they are!Smile 
Back to top Go down
S11

PostSubject: Re: Do I have a good chance of becoming a police officer?   Do I have a good chance of becoming a police officer? EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 2:02 pm

I think you'll have a good chance. Keep doing what you're doing. College is the way to go. Keep a good attitude.
Back to top Go down
ARMY2

PostSubject: Re: Do I have a good chance of becoming a police officer?   Do I have a good chance of becoming a police officer? EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 1:09 am

As good a chance as anyone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do I have a good chance of becoming a police officer?   Do I have a good chance of becoming a police officer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do I have a good chance of becoming a police officer?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-