Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Restraining order

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gutierez

Restraining order _
PostSubject: Restraining order   Restraining order EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 2:54 pm

In 2007 my ex filed a restraining order implying I was harassing her and while arguing allegedly grabbed her wrists. It was an unhealthy relationship. She was vindictive and manipulative. The judge didn't let me talk during court. We saw him for less than 2 min and the restraining order was placed. The restraining order scoured on 3/7/2010. I was 21 when this happened and I'm 27 now.
Will this affect my chances of becoming a police officer.
Back to top Go down
SGT2

Restraining order _
PostSubject: Re: Restraining order   Restraining order EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 11:03 am

It could. It shouldn't. It probably won't. It wasn't very recent. You weren't charged with a crime. But if there are a bunch of police reports out there involving arguments, disturbances, or fights between you and your ex or involving you as a suspect, especially recently, then it probably will affect your chances more.
Back to top Go down
Err

Restraining order _
PostSubject: Re: Restraining order   Restraining order EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 10:52 am

A restraining order isn't a conviction. It shouldn't have any affect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Restraining order _
PostSubject: Re: Restraining order   Restraining order Empty

Back to top Go down

Restraining order

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-