Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Where to Start: Park Ranger

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phebe

Where to Start: Park Ranger  _
PostSubject: Where to Start: Park Ranger    Where to Start: Park Ranger  EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 2:54 am

Hello,
Any info that you may have on becoming a park ranger in CA would be great. I'm 27 years old and have a degree in Political Science that I am currently not utilizing. I love both plants and animals and I want to protect the public as well as be outdoors. I am currently taking classes at UCLA for horticulture in order to build my short resume.
Any advice on what the state parks want to see besides a degree in the humanities and a background in plants?
Back to top Go down
AIT

PostSubject: Re: Where to Start: Park Ranger    Where to Start: Park Ranger  EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 8:50 am

Minimum requirements are:

*Two Years of College
*Valid Driver's License
*Be Physically Sound
*Eighteen Years of Age
*Pass a Comprehensive Background Investigation
*Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien in the process of applying for citizenship
*20/20 Corrected Vision AND 20/40 Uncorrected Vision
*By time of appointment, a Candidate must have completed 60 Semester Units of study at a state accredited college or university, including a minimum of 21 semester units of course work satisfying General Education curriculum standards with courses including Natural Science, Social Science, Mathematics, Language, and Humanities.  A degree in Park Administration, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Law Enforcement, or related fields is desirable.

You probably have to score very high on the exam.
Completing a POST basic course might help.
No Felony Convictions
Back to top Go down
ThomasT.

PostSubject: Re: Where to Start: Park Ranger    Where to Start: Park Ranger  EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 1:32 pm

Also look at federal park ranger jobs. Smile
Back to top Go down
JimBeamer

PostSubject: Re: Where to Start: Park Ranger    Where to Start: Park Ranger  EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 12:46 pm

You could also try to become a game warden.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to Start: Park Ranger    Where to Start: Park Ranger  Empty

Back to top Go down

Where to Start: Park Ranger

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-