Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

applied for mpd

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
will305

applied for mpd _
PostSubject: applied for mpd   applied for mpd EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 4:40 pm

i am 19 and just applied for Miami Police Department. i took the written exam 2months ago and get results this week. i am positve i passed because im good at test, i probably got a average score for sure. here are my questions . what is next? the
physical or what?

also i am really worried about the psychological and the polygraph. mainly because my friend who took the psychological for mdpd failed it . and the polygraph because i am not 100% clean.

not 100% clean because i smoked weed 2 times in my life in 10th grade, four years ago . i have had sex with a minor i was 18 and she was 16. i have stole many times, food mostly and other minor things. i have paid for sex . that is all really other than that i am clean , no dui, no felony, etc.

what can you guys tell me my chances are ?
Back to top Go down
StevenZ

applied for mpd _
PostSubject: Re: applied for mpd   applied for mpd EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 12:50 pm

According to their website, after you pass the civil service test, you will have an orientation, then take a polygraph examination, then take a physical agility test, then a psychological evaluation, then a background investigation would be conducted on you, then you would have a personal interview. If you pass all of the above steps, you would be given a conditional offer of employment. Then you would be given a drug test and complete medical examination.

Do not worry about the psychological evaluation and polygraph examination too much. Just because your friend did not pass the psychological evaluation doesn't mean that you won't. You should simply be honest during your polygraph examination.

You are still young. Do your best to get hired. If you are not selected this time, work on making yourself a better candidate. Think about attending college and getting a degree. That's the best advice! You could also think about joining the military for a few years. Maintain or develop an excellent work history (maybe get a part-time security job while attending college). Stay out of trouble, and don't do anything else that might cause you concern during a hiring process. After a few years, apply again.

Steven
Back to top Go down
will305

applied for mpd _
PostSubject: Re: applied for mpd   applied for mpd EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 11:43 pm

thanks steven . ill keep posting as i get results
Back to top Go down
Jenn

applied for mpd _
PostSubject: Re: applied for mpd   applied for mpd EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 11:48 pm

Good luck Will305 Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

applied for mpd _
PostSubject: Re: applied for mpd   applied for mpd Empty

Back to top Go down

applied for mpd

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-