Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

HELP! Looking to change careers.... Shall I?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bjdmv

HELP!  Looking to change careers....  Shall I?   _
PostSubject: HELP! Looking to change careers.... Shall I?    HELP!  Looking to change careers....  Shall I?   EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 3:29 am

Hello, Looking for advice on whether I should pursue a career as a police officer which I should have done years ago.
A) I am 42 years old
B) Have a DUI 10 years ago (not a felony)
C) tried drugs over 20 years ago. been clean since
D) will enroll in a POST (CA Academy) Academy on my own
E) completed lots of university courses but never received degree
F) have impressive resume. Have run several businesses

Shall I go for it? Am I too old and will the DUI hold me up.

Please any advice will help before I decide to seek further.

Thank you
Back to top Go down
D.T.

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Looking to change careers.... Shall I?    HELP!  Looking to change careers....  Shall I?   EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 3:39 pm

Go for it. You might have a better chance with a small department if you present yourself well. Do some networking without seeming too anxious. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
bjdmv

PostSubject: Thanks   HELP!  Looking to change careers....  Shall I?   EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 4:16 pm

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
MarkS

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Looking to change careers.... Shall I?    HELP!  Looking to change careers....  Shall I?   EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 6:55 pm

I had a friend that didn't start his police career until he was in his forties. The chief that hired him was looking for someone older than 21. Your DUI shouldn't keep you from getting a job since it was ten years ago.
Back to top Go down
JackieJacks

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Looking to change careers.... Shall I?    HELP!  Looking to change careers....  Shall I?   EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 12:38 pm

Some police departments have an age limit. I don't think most do. Don't give up on your dream Exclamation
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Looking to change careers.... Shall I?    HELP!  Looking to change careers....  Shall I?   EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 4:49 pm

Yes, you shall.
Back to top Go down
Rachel2

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Looking to change careers.... Shall I?    HELP!  Looking to change careers....  Shall I?   EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 8:51 pm

GO FOR IT!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Looking to change careers.... Shall I?    HELP!  Looking to change careers....  Shall I?   Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP! Looking to change careers.... Shall I?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-