Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Experience, and college education

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BlueLine

Experience, and college education _
PostSubject: Experience, and college education   Experience, and college education EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:56 pm

My dream is to be a cop, so i'm really trying to dedicate myself to be a member of the peel police, I'm open to anything that'll increase my chances, even if it's a little bit. Keep in mind i'm under 18, so besides getting good grades in high school, a part time job, and getting fit, what else could help me in the field? What about an army or navy cadet?

Also, assuming you have good grades in high school , experience in the work force and are physically fit, would I still need a college degree?
Back to top Go down
C11

PostSubject: Re: Experience, and college education   Experience, and college education EmptySat May 03, 2014 12:01 am

Absolutely get a college degree! You almost need one to get hired it seems. Becoming a cadet is a good idea also.
Back to top Go down
BlueLine

PostSubject: Re: Experience, and college education   Experience, and college education EmptySat May 03, 2014 11:38 am

Thanks, I'll apply for Navy cadet on Wednesday (I'll see if I can do all 3 at the same time though), I'll also try to apply right after high school, if that doesn't work out i'll get a college degree and then apply to see if that gets me anywhere.
Back to top Go down
C11

PostSubject: Re: Experience, and college education   Experience, and college education EmptySun May 04, 2014 1:24 am

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
WillieWonka

PostSubject: Re: Experience, and college education   Experience, and college education EmptyTue May 06, 2014 9:55 am

Yes. Go to college. You will be glad you did Smile 
Back to top Go down
WSU

PostSubject: Re: Experience, and college education   Experience, and college education EmptyMon May 26, 2014 2:19 pm

A lot of police departments hire people without college.
Back to top Go down
CCAC

PostSubject: Re: Experience, and college education   Experience, and college education EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 9:34 am

You don't actually need good grades or a college degree. But you would have a much better chance of getting a job with a college degree. The importance of college can't be overstated.
Back to top Go down
Les78

PostSubject: Re: Experience, and college education   Experience, and college education EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 10:15 am

Focus on your degree Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Experience, and college education   Experience, and college education Empty

Back to top Go down

Experience, and college education

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-