Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

drug use and becoming a police officer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sd

drug use and becoming a police officer _
PostSubject: drug use and becoming a police officer   drug use and becoming a police officer EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 5:59 pm

I was wondering if I experimented with ecstasy last year and apply for the police academy next year, will it not make me eligible to become a police officer in San diego?

I am currently a college student, majoring in criminal justice, I graduated high school with honors (gpa 3.6), I currently have a gpa above 3.0, i might be able to graduate a semester early (which will be next winter when I am 21), and I have been interning for an investigations agency for the past 7 months and the investigators love my work, and I am planning to intern at another agency before I graduate.
Back to top Go down
M1A1

PostSubject: Re: drug use and becoming a police officer   drug use and becoming a police officer EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 8:41 pm

I think that it might depend on how many times and to what extent you "experimented" with ecstasy, I would guess that 2 years since having used ecstasy might not be long enough. You would probably have a better chance after 3 or 5 years has passed. You should call a San Diego Police Recruiter, and ask them. They would probably give you a correct answer without you even having to provide your name if you didn't want to. You can call a recruiter at 619-531-2677. I believe that each case is reviewed on an individual basis. Keep heading in the right direction, and don't make any more bad decisions.
Back to top Go down
Lt

PostSubject: Re: drug use and becoming a police officer   drug use and becoming a police officer EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 6:01 pm

I'm not sure about San Diego, but to be honest, I wouldn't hire you so soon after you've used ecstacy. I would require much more time to pass!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: drug use and becoming a police officer   drug use and becoming a police officer EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 5:32 am

You will probably have to wait a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: drug use and becoming a police officer   drug use and becoming a police officer Empty

Back to top Go down

drug use and becoming a police officer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-