Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

How difficult would it be to become SWAT!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Robwise

How difficult would it be to become SWAT! _
PostSubject: How difficult would it be to become SWAT!   How difficult would it be to become SWAT! EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 3:31 pm

Hi, I'm currently in the Army, and am looking at joining my local police force in a small town in Alabama. My question is how hard will it be to make SWAT later on in my career. And, how would my chances be in transferring to a larger city(NY,LasVegas) further down the road.
Back to top Go down
Badge101

PostSubject: Re: How difficult would it be to become SWAT!   How difficult would it be to become SWAT! EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 9:44 am

Having military experience will surely benefit you. How difficult it will be for you to become a member of a particular SWAT team depends on several things. Requirements for becoming a SWAT officer often varies from department to department. Becoming a SWAT team member is sometimes very comptetitive. One's chances of becoming a SWAT officer often depends largely on the individual (knowledge, skills, abilities, background, etc., etc.). You could consider trying to become a police officer with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department right out of the military if you meet their minimum qualifications. Good luck! Thank you for your service. Stay safe, and keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
Gmon

PostSubject: Re: How difficult would it be to become SWAT!   How difficult would it be to become SWAT! EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 9:37 am

It might also depend on your MOS.
Back to top Go down
Lt

PostSubject: Re: How difficult would it be to become SWAT!   How difficult would it be to become SWAT! EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 9:35 am

Becoming a SWAT officer can be very difficult! It depends a lot on what department you work for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How difficult would it be to become SWAT!   How difficult would it be to become SWAT! Empty

Back to top Go down

How difficult would it be to become SWAT!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-