Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

The Academy vs The Street

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ray

Ray

The Academy vs The Street _
PostSubject: The Academy vs The Street   The Academy vs The Street EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 1:24 pm

This may sound like a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyways.

Does the academy really prepare you for the street? Well, let me ask it another way; Does the academy prepare you for the majority of scenarios that an officer will face on the
street?

I've been watching that new show "The Rookies" and I can't help but feel bad these guys (and girls) that look so lost in some of the situations that they encounter.
I completely understand that there are so many variables in a real-life situation (as well as the nerves to go along with it), but again, does the academy really prepare you to handle the majority of things that you'll encounter on the streets?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Academy vs The Street   The Academy vs The Street EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 6:11 pm

The academy prepared me the best that it could. It gave me the knowledge base and the skills I needed, but my field training and first year on my own is when I became the most prepared. Learning, training, and preparing is something that should be done continuously.
Back to top Go down
Peanut

PostSubject: Re: The Academy vs The Street   The Academy vs The Street EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 3:11 pm

You learn a lot more on the street than you do in a classroom.
Back to top Go down
Lt

PostSubject: Re: The Academy vs The Street   The Academy vs The Street EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 11:13 pm

The academy, field training, and time on your own plays an important role in preparing you for the street. 33 is correct. Learning, training, and preparing is something that should be done continuously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Academy vs The Street   The Academy vs The Street Empty

Back to top Go down

The Academy vs The Street

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-