Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Anger Issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Realtor670

Anger Issues _
PostSubject: Anger Issues   Anger Issues EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 4:40 am

I have had anger issues in the past, but no incedents in quite awhile. I lost a job once because I yelled back at a customer who insulted, threatened, and cussed me out, so I cussed him out back. This was 3 years ago. I've seen a Psychologist a few times for personal issues relating to self esteem and anger.

I was suspended in high school for fighting, even though I wasn't fighting.

The big time incedent was last year at my college when I had done something that they had filed a report for, but didn't press any charges or issue a suspension or anything. It wasn't violent, it was more of words to somone that I could have got in major trouble if they would have thought I meant what I said. I was a former employer of the college at the time of the incedent, and I was re-hired and still work part time/on occasion for them. This incedent I don't give the details of because of embarassment, and I didn't even tell most of my family what had happened.

I have depression and take medication, but the depression is only generalized, no thoughts of violence or suicide. It is more or less just having a "blah" feeling that I have. Before I was on medication, I would have thoughts of sadness for little reason, I would get mad about stupid things not worth getting upset over, and I would feel pessimistic at times.

Well enough about the stuff that you probably don't care to read about. My real question is if it had been years since I've had any incedents, and graduated from an Academy, would they be able to look past that stuff and consider what happened in the past as being "in the past?" I haven't had any issues since then, and I haven't actually had any history of violence since before high school.

I'm not even the same person I was last year, let alone 3 or more years ago.

I'm not planning on enrolling in the local academy for at least another few years from now, at time which it will have been more than 5 years since they have any red flags on me if I am able to keep my cool as I plan on, since I don't consider myself to have any anger issues worse than what you'd expect from anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Ken

Anger Issues _
PostSubject: Re: Anger Issues   Anger Issues EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 5:59 am

If you can pass the psychological test a department would require, then you would have a chance. If you could be cured of your depression, get off the medication, and then wait a few years, you would have an even better chance. If you didn't finish college, try to! You should also make improving your work history a priority. It will make you seem reliable, stable, and responsible.
Back to top Go down
Realtor670

Anger Issues _
PostSubject: Re: Anger Issues   Anger Issues EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 1:40 pm

Thanks Ken,

I will have to talk to my doctor about the meds issue later. I've only been taking it for 6 months and since then I've felt 10 times better and more confident, so my doctor doesn't want to change anything now, so I won't try anything against medical advice, but next appointment I'll see what needs to be done.

I will be getting my associates degree next year at this time. I've been taking it slow so I can work at the same time. I am working as a manager at Taco Bell for and have been since July.

Before that I was working as an Independent Contractor Real Estate Agent. I was doing vendor work for several different companies as sponsored by my Real Estate Broker. I still have my license but the market sucks.

The idea of becoming a cop came to me in a dream. Ever since then I have been thinking about it. When I found out how difficult it really was, and with my anger management history would be harder. I decided to forget it and move onto another career possibility. Not 2 weeks later did it come back to me and I wanted to do it more.

Now I feel more like it is a calling or something, because I'm very religious about things like that. It's bizarre because it is a completely opposite direction from what I had planned. I am a business management major, and have never taken any criminal justice courses yet.

I know how hard it is to get a job as an LEO now, and even harder having a life like mine, but I am willing to take the chances that a department near here will be willing to put all that aside and give me a shot.

Remember I am a salesman also so I have a way of talking people into things, LOL Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anger Issues _
PostSubject: Re: Anger Issues   Anger Issues Empty

Back to top Go down

Anger Issues

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-