Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

What incident in your life did you think would hurt you the most when applying for a LEO position?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Realtor670

What incident in your life did you think would hurt you the most when applying for a LEO position? _
PostSubject: What incident in your life did you think would hurt you the most when applying for a LEO position?   What incident in your life did you think would hurt you the most when applying for a LEO position? EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 4:44 am

For me it is issue involving my anger that I have had in the past. I haven't tried becoming a cop, but I plan on it and I just need to hope if I go just a few more years without any incidents I have a shot.
Back to top Go down
JJ

What incident in your life did you think would hurt you the most when applying for a LEO position? _
PostSubject: Re: What incident in your life did you think would hurt you the most when applying for a LEO position?   What incident in your life did you think would hurt you the most when applying for a LEO position? EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 1:49 pm

I used cocaine a couple times before I became a police officer. I thought that would hold me back, but I was fortunate!
Back to top Go down
Realtor670

PostSubject: Re: What incident in your life did you think would hurt you the most when applying for a LEO position?   What incident in your life did you think would hurt you the most when applying for a LEO position? EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 10:43 pm

I'm actually planning on serving a mission for the LDS/Mormon Church soon, and if my plans go as planned, maybe a plus of that is being able to convince them I am a different person now than I was back a couple years ago with my major incedent at college. After that I'm possibly considering the military.

Basically what I will tell is the incident involved a threat against someone that I could have been arrested for if the school were to press charges, but they didn't.

I got a call from the security office because it involved an e-mail that was reported, he said he didn't want to involve the police, and he would try to convince the president of the school not to, but I had to watch what I said because it was serious, and I knew it was. Anyway there was no suspension so I lucked out there too, and I was a former employee of the college when the incident happened, and I was rehired not too long ago, so I guess they didn't take it too seriously, and I still kind of hate myself for even being that stupid.

So maybe if it has been a good 5 years or more since the incident, and I've successfully graduated from the academy they may have some mercy and give me a shot.

Besides that all they probably would have on me is that I was fired when I was 18 from a job at a store for yelling at a customer who threatened me and was insulting me because I made a mistake on the cash register, but that was 3 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What incident in your life did you think would hurt you the most when applying for a LEO position?   What incident in your life did you think would hurt you the most when applying for a LEO position? Empty

Back to top Go down

What incident in your life did you think would hurt you the most when applying for a LEO position?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-