Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Criminal Justice Help, Please I need someone to help answer a few questions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kcstier

Criminal Justice Help, Please I need someone to help answer a few questions? _
PostSubject: Criminal Justice Help, Please I need someone to help answer a few questions?   Criminal Justice Help, Please I need someone to help answer a few questions? EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 1:28 am

I am 24/Male. I went and obtained my Criminal Justice bachelor degree from Illinois State University and graduated over a year ago. I have applied for many Loss Prevention jobs as well as tested and passed the testing for correctional officer. So far I have been on a waiting list for correctional officer for about 6 months now and every physical police test I take, I can't get past the POWER (physical) test. I am finding it hard to get started anywhere in my field even with a bachelor degree. I applied over 3 months ago for Probation officer and nobody calls me. I never would have went to school if I knew it was this hard to get a job within this field. Also now I am afraid my future is in jeopardy because I am on anti-depressant medication to control anxieties about not getting a job in this field. So does anyone have any advice for me or things I can try to get in somewhere to start working and CAN I be taking anti-depressants while getting into the field? I am afraid now I have a pointless degree just because I am on anti-depressants.

Thanks.

Kevin
Back to top Go down
Realtor670

PostSubject: Re: Criminal Justice Help, Please I need someone to help answer a few questions?   Criminal Justice Help, Please I need someone to help answer a few questions? EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 3:14 am

There is no written rule about anti-depressants.

I'm on Wellbutrin and I'm planning on getting into LE in a few years or more also. If you're on wellbutrin that isn't a serious antidepressat, just meant to help with some pessimism/anxiety issues.

The ARMY are the ones who you can't join on antidepressants.

Agencies will consider it on a case by case basis.
Back to top Go down
WOLF

PostSubject: Re: Criminal Justice Help, Please I need someone to help answer a few questions?   Criminal Justice Help, Please I need someone to help answer a few questions? EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 4:14 am

Being on anti-depressants won't help you. If you can, you should just try to relax, be patient, and get off the anti-depressants if possible. I realize this can be difficult. There is no rush to enter LE. You are still very young. It is great that you have a bachelor degree. You didn't waste your time. Look into any security officer jobs in your area. Take whatever job you are offered, and do great work. As far as passing the POWER test goes, you should be able to pass it. Work hard to increase your physical abilities. This is something that you should be able to do if your are doing a basic fitness program properly. Don't get discouraged, you are only 24!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Criminal Justice Help, Please I need someone to help answer a few questions?   Criminal Justice Help, Please I need someone to help answer a few questions? Empty

Back to top Go down

Criminal Justice Help, Please I need someone to help answer a few questions?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-