Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Deputy Sheriff at 18 in california?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pappaly

Deputy Sheriff at 18 in california? _
PostSubject: Deputy Sheriff at 18 in california?   Deputy Sheriff at 18 in california? EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 3:41 am

in sacramento county, i can become a sheriffs deputy at 18. or atleast thats what their site says.

so if i become a sheriffs deputy at 18, what limitations would i have, since i am not 21. would i be limited to like court duties, or jail duties?

also i know its rare and hard that an 18 year old become a cop or deputy. but what would make me an ideal candidate to become a sheriffs deputy.

theres the link that says 18 years of age is acceptable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deputy Sheriff at 18 in california?   Deputy Sheriff at 18 in california? EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 6:24 am

If hired, and when you are completely done with your training, I don't think that you would be restricted by your age. Some states allow you to work as an armed law enforcement officer before you are 21. You should call the Sacramento County Sheriff's Career Hotline, at 916-874-2677. Don't be afraid to ask questions. That's what the hotline is for. Attending college is always an excellent way to get ahead. As you probably know, you would receive a 5% pay increase if you have a two year degree and a 10% pay increase if you have a four year degree if you work for the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department.
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: Deputy Sheriff at 18 in california?   Deputy Sheriff at 18 in california? EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 11:03 am

You should attend college if possible. That would likely benefit you the most when applying for jobs, and after you get a job. Trust me!
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Deputy Sheriff at 18 in california?   Deputy Sheriff at 18 in california? EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 12:33 am

Be in excellent physical condition. Find out if they offer an internship, explorer program, or ride-alongs. Good luck Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deputy Sheriff at 18 in california?   Deputy Sheriff at 18 in california? Empty

Back to top Go down

Deputy Sheriff at 18 in california?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-