Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Moving from the UK to become a Police Officer in the United States

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sidbrooks

Moving from the UK to become a Police Officer in the United States _
PostSubject: Moving from the UK to become a Police Officer in the United States   Moving from the UK to become a Police Officer in the United States EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 1:00 pm

Hello, I am 20 years of age and born and bred in Northern England. I am currently studying Police and Criminal Investigation at University which would give me an honours degree and aspire to move to the United States to become a Police Officer. I have done a bit of research and realise that I would obviously need to become a permanent resident etc.

I was just wondering if anyone had any information which would be of use. Would I need to take part in a course in an american college also?

Look forward to hearing any responses, much appreciated
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: Moving from the UK to become a Police Officer in the United States   Moving from the UK to become a Police Officer in the United States EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 6:50 pm

You wouldn't have to attend college in America. Although it is always better to have college, some police departments don't require applicants to have any college.
Back to top Go down
sidbrooks

PostSubject: Re: Moving from the UK to become a Police Officer in the United States   Moving from the UK to become a Police Officer in the United States EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 7:27 pm

to join NYPD would it be more advised to move over there first and then apply? I just feel it's a bit risky moving over there without actually having a job. Especially with all the visa work.

From your experience would it be harder for an englishman to join NYPD?

cheers again
Back to top Go down
Peanut

PostSubject: Re: Moving from the UK to become a Police Officer in the United States   Moving from the UK to become a Police Officer in the United States EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 11:09 am

It would be harder since, according to their website, you can't become a police officer for the NYPD until you obtain a Certificate of Naturalization from the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service. However, you may apply to become a Traffic Enforcement Agent if you are a lawful permanent resident, a conditional permanent resident or have an Employment Authorization Document.

Can you become a permanent resident without first moving to the the U.S.?

I wish you luck Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moving from the UK to become a Police Officer in the United States   Moving from the UK to become a Police Officer in the United States Empty

Back to top Go down

Moving from the UK to become a Police Officer in the United States

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-