Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Is MP (Military Police) a Good Job?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SusieQ

Is MP (Military Police) a Good Job? _
PostSubject: Is MP (Military Police) a Good Job?   Is MP (Military Police) a Good Job? EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 12:28 pm

I am a 19 year old female. I am thinking about joining the Army to be an MP. Is this a good job? What do MPs usually do. I would appreciate any info.
Back to top Go down
Badge101

PostSubject: Re: Is MP (Military Police) a Good Job?   Is MP (Military Police) a Good Job? EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 2:43 pm

Below is a partial description from the Army's website.

Military Police protect lives and property on Army installations by enforcing military laws and regulations, as well as controlling traffic, preventing crime, and responding to emergencies. Military Police are responsible for providing support to the battlefield by conducting Area Security, Internment/Resettlement, Maneuver and Mobility Support, Law & Order, and Police Intelligence Operations. Some of your duties as a member of the Military Police Corps Regiment may include:
Law enforcement patrolling by car, boat, bicycle, and on foot
Interviewing witnesses, victims and suspects in the course of investigating crimes
Crime scene security and processing
Evidence and fingerprint collection
Arresting and charging criminal suspects
Military Police working dog handler
Testifying in court
Enforcing traffic regulations and guarding entrances to military facilities

What you do on a daily basis and whether or not you consider it a "ggod job" can vary greatly depending on several factors such as where you are stationed, what specific assignment(s) you are tasked with, who your supervisor is, and whether or not you enjoy the job and whether or not you are good at it, etc. I know military police that really like what they do, and I know military police that wish they were doing something else.

Good luck! Keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
E4

PostSubject: Re: Is MP (Military Police) a Good Job?   Is MP (Military Police) a Good Job? EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 2:36 pm

I'm an MP. It's a good MOS. I also plan on becoming a police officer when I get out of the Army.
Back to top Go down
Lt

PostSubject: Re: Is MP (Military Police) a Good Job?   Is MP (Military Police) a Good Job? EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 3:23 pm

You will probably like being an MP. It can be a very good MOS. It is good to serve your country, and military experience will benefit you. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Allen

PostSubject: Re: Is MP (Military Police) a Good Job?   Is MP (Military Police) a Good Job? EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 5:54 pm

Don't do it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is MP (Military Police) a Good Job?   Is MP (Military Police) a Good Job? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is MP (Military Police) a Good Job?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-