Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Can I become a police officer/detective?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hopeful

Can I become a police officer/detective? _
PostSubject: Can I become a police officer/detective?   Can I become a police officer/detective? EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 5:54 pm

I am 29 and currently going to college working on a Criminal justice Major and a minor in phsycology I am aspiring to become a homicide detective. When I was about 21 I got involved with meth and it lasted about two years I was never arrested or cited for anything involving the criminal activity and have since had children and am working at a hospital full time while working on my degree will the things that I have done in my past hinder my ability to become an officer of the law?
Back to top Go down
JR

PostSubject: Re: Can I become a police officer/detective?   Can I become a police officer/detective? EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 12:47 pm

You would be disqualified by many departments.
Back to top Go down
Lt

PostSubject: Re: Can I become a police officer/detective?   Can I become a police officer/detective? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 12:13 pm

Some departments might still hire you. The more years that pass from the last time you've used any illegal drug, the better your chances might get. However, you would be disqualified by my department and many others due to your past drug use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can I become a police officer/detective?   Can I become a police officer/detective? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can I become a police officer/detective?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-