Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Would it affect me?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joe

Would it affect me? _
PostSubject: Would it affect me?   Would it affect me? EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 2:06 pm

I was wondering if anybody knows if i did marjuana in high school but stopped afterwards... would that have an affect on me getting hired as a police officer?
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Would it affect me? _
PostSubject: Re: Would it affect me?   Would it affect me? EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 6:23 pm

It depends on how often or how many times you smoked it. You would probably still have a good chance with many departments a few years after high school.
Back to top Go down
Skyler

Would it affect me? _
PostSubject: Re: Would it affect me?   Would it affect me? EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 3:34 am

It definitely could. But you could still get hired. Give it your best shot, and keep a good attitude, and stay away from the weed Exclamation
Back to top Go down
kpd615

Would it affect me? _
PostSubject: Re: Would it affect me?   Would it affect me? EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 10:35 pm

Like the others said a few years after high school and you stay clean, yeah you could get a job....but... don’t lie about it. If on an application it asks have you ever use any drugs; say yes. If you lie on an app or to an interview board, you will be out no questions asked.
Back to top Go down
Sarge

Would it affect me? _
PostSubject: Re: Would it affect me?   Would it affect me? EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 8:53 pm

Skyler, Dennis, and kpd615 provided good advice! Do what you can to make yourself the best candidate that you can.
Back to top Go down
Badge101

Would it affect me? _
PostSubject: Re: Would it affect me?   Would it affect me? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:03 pm

It would depend mostly on how often or how many times you've used marijuana, and how long it has been since the last time you've used it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Would it affect me? _
PostSubject: Re: Would it affect me?   Would it affect me? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would it affect me?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-