Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

colllege or enlist

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joe

colllege or enlist _
PostSubject: colllege or enlist   colllege or enlist EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 2:16 pm

would it be a better choice to enlist as a military enforcement officer right out of highschool then go to college afterwards and earn degrees. or college right out of highschool and get the degrees sooner. obcourse after i would apply to become a police officer or even a higher ranking position. what would give me a better chance at that. more money. etc.
Back to top Go down
Dennis

colllege or enlist _
PostSubject: Re: colllege or enlist   colllege or enlist EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 6:27 pm

I would say college first.
Back to top Go down
Sarge

colllege or enlist _
PostSubject: Re: colllege or enlist   colllege or enlist EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 1:19 pm

I would go to college first and earn your degree. After you earn a degree, you could still consider joining the military.
Back to top Go down
Wes

colllege or enlist _
PostSubject: Re: colllege or enlist   colllege or enlist EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:15 am

Either way is good. Choose whichever you would rather do.
Back to top Go down
Badge101

colllege or enlist _
PostSubject: Re: colllege or enlist   colllege or enlist EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 3:58 am

You could do it either way. I would go to college first. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
CPLJason

colllege or enlist _
PostSubject: Re: colllege or enlist   colllege or enlist EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 7:29 pm

College!
Back to top Go down
JD

colllege or enlist _
PostSubject: Re: colllege or enlist   colllege or enlist EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:13 am

You can go to college while you are in the military. I completed 54 credit hrs in a three year time period, while on active duty in the Army.
Back to top Go down
JD

colllege or enlist _
PostSubject: Re: colllege or enlist   colllege or enlist EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 10:59 am

You can go to college while you are in the military. I completed 54 credit hrs in a three year time period, while on active duty in the Army.
Back to top Go down
Blackhawk10

colllege or enlist _
PostSubject: Re: colllege or enlist   colllege or enlist EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 10:18 pm

If your goal is career LE then I would say enlist first. The military experience will give you service points on the law enforcement exam, no matter what job you have in the military. You can earn credits in the service, and most departments I know of will have the requirement of either college OR priort service. So if you come out of the Marines (most of the guys at local PD are former Marines, a few AF and one army) then apply you can still get hired, you have the service points AND you have credit hours you can then apply towards a fresh degree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

colllege or enlist _
PostSubject: Re: colllege or enlist   colllege or enlist Empty

Back to top Go down

colllege or enlist

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-