Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Question about applying for police jobs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Billy

Question about applying for police jobs? _
PostSubject: Question about applying for police jobs?   Question about applying for police jobs? EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 7:59 pm

Hey everybody I have been considering a move to law enforcement recently and wanted to know if I would be considered a good candidate or not. Sorry to post another topic like this on here but it will make my wife(well soon to be anyways) feel better about it if she can see other people's opinions.

A little about my background, I've been a state probation officer for a little over 3 years. Before that I worked as a juvenile tracker for a short time. I did my college internship with federal probation, after it was done I was hired on to work in their office and spent about a year with them. I have a bachelor's degree in criminal justice, and a minor in psychology.

The only thing I've ever been convicted of was misuse of a school permit and running a stop sign when I was 14(I'm 26 now). No credit problems or anything like that.

Does it sound like I would make a decent candidate, or should I stay where I'm at? Any advice you have for me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: Question about applying for police jobs?   Question about applying for police jobs? EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 8:48 pm

You sound like a great candidate. If you have a good record and reputation as a probation officer, you should not have any worries based on what you wrote. If you think that you would rather be a police officer instead of a probation officer, go for it! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Peanut

PostSubject: Re: Question about applying for police jobs?   Question about applying for police jobs? EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 11:08 am

I agree with Sarge. Your soon to be wife shouldn't worry.
Back to top Go down
Badge101

PostSubject: Re: Question about applying for police jobs?   Question about applying for police jobs? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:05 pm

You definitely sound like a decent candidate. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about applying for police jobs?   Question about applying for police jobs? Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about applying for police jobs?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-