Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

What is needed to become a police officer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
In need

What is needed to become a police officer? _
PostSubject: What is needed to become a police officer?   What is needed to become a police officer? EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 2:33 am

I will almost have my associate's degree soon. I know I need to pass a drug, background and physical fitness test. It also sounds like I will need to apply to an academy. Does this cost money and, if so, will they help you out if you really don't have any? How long do you spend at an academy? Also, does every agency give you an interview? Is there anything else that I will need to be aware of or prepare for?
Back to top Go down
Badge101

PostSubject: Re: What is needed to become a police officer?   What is needed to become a police officer? EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 6:38 pm

Many relatively large police departments will send you to the academy if they hire you, and you would get paid during the academy. You have to check with the police departments that you might want to work for. Some departments require you to have already graduated from the police academy before they hire you. How much it costs and the length of the academy varies. Not every agency will give you an interview.
Back to top Go down
Ted

PostSubject: Re: What is needed to become a police officer?   What is needed to become a police officer? EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 9:50 am

What state do you live in?
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: What is needed to become a police officer?   What is needed to become a police officer? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 11:04 am

Apply to a couple large departments, and see if they hire you. It will save you money that way!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is needed to become a police officer?   What is needed to become a police officer? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is needed to become a police officer?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-