Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Difference between Recruit, Academy Graduate, and Lateral Officer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bbhoang

bbhoang

Difference between Recruit, Academy Graduate, and Lateral Officer _
PostSubject: Difference between Recruit, Academy Graduate, and Lateral Officer   Difference between Recruit, Academy Graduate, and Lateral Officer EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 7:47 pm

I was looking up the hiring list for Santa Ana Police Department and I noticed that they were hiring for the following three positions: Police Recruit, Academy Graduate, and Lateral Officer. Does this mean that they will hire anyone whether they have academy training, police experience, or no experience at all? Or are these entirely different job positions I'm looking at?

BTW, just out of curiosity, is there anyone here who is a sworn police officer?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: Difference between Recruit, Academy Graduate, and Lateral Officer   Difference between Recruit, Academy Graduate, and Lateral Officer EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 3:51 pm

Yes, this means that they will hire you regardless of whether or not you have completed a police academy, are currently a police officer with another department, or have no police experience. These are the same positions. I am a sworn police officer. I know that some others posters are, and I believe that several other posters are.
Back to top Go down
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Difference between Recruit, Academy Graduate, and Lateral Officer   Difference between Recruit, Academy Graduate, and Lateral Officer EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 6:53 pm

Sarge is absulutely correct. BTW, I have been a police officer for 4 years.
Back to top Go down
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Difference between Recruit, Academy Graduate, and Lateral Officer   Difference between Recruit, Academy Graduate, and Lateral Officer EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 3:16 pm

I'm an officer Exclamation
Back to top Go down
SWAT

PostSubject: Re: Difference between Recruit, Academy Graduate, and Lateral Officer   Difference between Recruit, Academy Graduate, and Lateral Officer EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 2:38 am

<------sworn officer They are the same positions.
Back to top Go down
bbhoang

bbhoang

PostSubject: Re: Difference between Recruit, Academy Graduate, and Lateral Officer   Difference between Recruit, Academy Graduate, and Lateral Officer EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 2:26 am

Thank you everyone who replied to my post! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Difference between Recruit, Academy Graduate, and Lateral Officer   Difference between Recruit, Academy Graduate, and Lateral Officer Empty

Back to top Go down

Difference between Recruit, Academy Graduate, and Lateral Officer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-